PE Premium @ St. Stephen's Infant School
PE & Sports Premium @ St. Stephen's Infant School
The Government has allocated all Primary, Junior and Infant schools “Sports Premium” to “improve the quality and breadth of PE and sports provision”.
Schools need to assess the impact of the Sports Premium expenditure by considering the following areas of accountability:
- PE standards
- the quality of teaching and learning in PE
- sport clubs provision
- participation rates
- breadth of provision
- links with other schools and sporting organisations
- how successful we are in improving the competitive element of our provision
At St. Stephen’s Infant School we regularly undertake a comprehensive audit of our PE practice and school sports provision.
Our PE Subject Leader (PESL) uses this self-evaluation to draft an annual action plan and to inform the deployment of our Sports Premium.
As part of our self-evaluation schedule the impact of the Sports Premium expenditure is assessed and shared with governors.
Please see below for our:
PESL Action Plans:
We have used Sports Premium to:
- improve staff confidence and competence in teaching PE through the introduction of a high quality scheme of work and access to ongoing professional development opportunities/training
- increase the number of sports being offered to our children
- join the CSET Sports Partnership
- improve links with local schools to ensure more opportunities for inter school competition , this means more children will have the opportunity to represent the school in matches and tournaments.
- identify key sporting organisations that we aim to build better links with over the next few years which will help increase the participation of children in these clubs
- improve the quality of inclusion for those children who struggle with PE through running appropriate training for staff
- increase the number of school clubs to help increase participation in sport, with some clubs deliberately targeting children who had not previously participated in sports clubs.
Please click on the links below to view our Sports Premium Expenditure/Impact Assessment documents: