Information for New Starters September 2019 and September 2020
Welcome to St Stephen's Infant School!
If you have accepted a place for your child to start at SSIS in September 2019 you will be receiving the following information in the post. You will also receive some forms to complete.
If you have not received a letter by Monday 29th April 2019 please contact the school office on 01454 866470.
Please return the completed forms to the office by Friday 17th May 2019.
To ensure a smooth transition we will be contacting your child’s preschool/nursery over the next few weeks.
Thank you for choosing St. Stephen’s Infant School for your child.
I would like to invite you to our New Parents’ Meeting which is being held at the school on
Tuesday 25th June starting @ 7pm. It will last no longer than 1 hour and is for parents/carers only.
At the meeting you will:
- receive a Welcome Pack Click here to view.
- meet the Reception Team and other members of staff
- visit your child’s classroom and the Reception Resource Area
You will find out:
- which class your child will be in
- stay and play arrangements for your child to visit the school on Thursday 4th and Tuesday 9th July =(Visit times on these days will be either 1.20-2.05pm or 2.15-3pm – details to follow)
- induction arrangements for September, including home visits which will take place on 4th, 5th or 6th September
- how children learn at St. Stephen’s Infant School
- how you can continue to support your child’s learning
We will do our best to answer any questions or worries you may have regarding your child starting at
St Stephen’s Infant School.
If you cannot attend the meeting, please pop into school after Tuesday 25th June to collect your pack.
We are unable to give out any information relating to classes before the meeting.
Meanwhile please explore our school website and ‘like’ us on Facebook and/or follow us on Twitter, there are links to both on the Homepage of the school website.
Once again, thank you for choosing St. Stephen’s Infant School.
I look forward to meeting you on the 25th June.
Info for new starters September 2020
Is your child starting school in Sept. 2020?
Come to a St. Stephen’s Infant School Open Day
on any of the following dates:
Wednesday 25th September 2019 @ 1.45pm
Wednesday 2nd October 2019 @ 9.30am
Thursday 7th November 2019 @ 9.30am
Monday 25th November 2019 @ 6.30pm
Please call the school for more info.
No need to book - just come along on the day.
St. Stephen’s Infant School
Bristol, BS15 1XD.
'Leaders have created a culture in which pupils feel valued and looked after.
This is a welcoming, inclusive school’ – Ofsted Dec. 2016.
Come and see for yourself!