Information for New Starters - September 2019.
Welcome to St Stephen's Infant School!
If you have accepted a place for your child to start at SSIS in September 2019 you will be receiving the following information in the post. You will also receive some forms to complete.
If you have not received a letter by Monday 29th April 2019 please contact the school office on 01454 866470.
Please return the completed forms to the office by Friday 17th May 2019.
To ensure a smooth transition we will be contacting your child’s preschool/nursery over the next few weeks.
Thank you for choosing St. Stephen’s Infant School for your child.
I would like to invite you to our New Parents’ Meeting which is being held at the school on
Tuesday 25th June starting @ 7pm. It will last no longer than 1 hour and is for parents/carers only.
At the meeting you will:
- receive a Welcome Pack
- meet the Reception Team and other members of staff
- visit your child’s classroom and the Reception Resource Area
You will find out:
- which class your child will be in
- stay and play arrangements for your child to visit the school on Thursday 4th and Tuesday 9th July =(Visit times on these days will be either 1.20-2.05pm or 2.15-3pm – details to follow)
- induction arrangements for September, including home visits which will take place on 4th, 5th or 6th September
- how children learn at St. Stephen’s Infant School
- how you can continue to support your child’s learning
We will do our best to answer any questions or worries you may have regarding your child starting at
St Stephen’s Infant School.
If you cannot attend the meeting, please pop into school after Tuesday 25th June to collect your pack.
We are unable to give out any information relating to classes before the meeting.
Meanwhile please explore our school website and ‘like’ us on Facebook and/or follow us on Twitter, there are links to both on the Homepage of the school website.
Once again, thank you for choosing St. Stephen’s Infant School.
I look forward to meeting you on the 25th June.