St Stephen's Infant School Equality Objectives 2018-2021
St Stephen’s Infant School is committed to ensuring equality of provision throughout our school.
There are a number of statutory duties that must be met by every school in line with legislation from the Race Relations Amendment Act 2000, Disability Equality Duty 2005 and Equality Act 2010.
St Stephen’s Infant School is committed to meeting its public sector duties and acknowledges that we have a statutory duty to:
- Eliminate discrimination, harassment and victimisation.
- Promote equality of access and opportunity within our school and within our wider community.
- Promote positive attitudes to difference and good relationships between people with different backgrounds, genders, cultures, faiths, abilities and ethnic origins.
The Strategic Leadership Team and Governors at St Stephen’s Infant School regularly review the progress that we are making to meet our equality objectives with regard to protected groups (race, disability, gender reassignment, age, pregnancy and maternity, marital status, sexual orientation, religion and belief and sexual orientation.) under the Equality Act 2010.
At St Stephen’s Infant School we are committed to ensuring equality of education and opportunity for all pupils, staff parents and carers, irrespective of race, gender, sexuality, disability, belief, religion or socio-economic background. This commitment is set out in our 2018-2021 Vision Statement.
In order to further support pupils, raise standards and ensure inclusive teaching, we have set the following objectives:-
- Objective 1 to continue to monitor and analyse pupil achievement by race, gender and disability and act upon any trends or patterns in this data that require additional support for pupils. (School Development Plan Key Priority 1)
- Objective 2 to continue to raise levels of attainment in core subjects for all learners. (School Development Plan Key Priorities 1 and 2)
- Objective 3 to continue to monitor and support attendance of all groups of children in school. (SSIS Infant & Junior School Attendance policy)
- Objective 4 to ensure the school environment is as accessible as possible to all pupils, staff and visitors. (SSIS Accessibility Plan)